I ended up putting more time and energy into the “interim design” than I anticipated, so I get the feeling that it may be a lot less “interim” than I planned. It doesn’t look like much now, but that’s the beauty of it. I can make it look (almost) completely different just by changing a few files.
…but honestly, I kinda like the way it looks. Simple. Elegant. Dark.
A man can hide a lot of things in the dark.
So my next step will be to convert all of the existing content over to this new format. I started yesterday. The very first December story has been given the treatment. I must say, going over that old text got the juices flowing again and I’m starting to feel the old familiar ache.
But I have to hold off. Converting old stories to a new format is the LEAST of my tasks before I start writing again. I have to figure out how I’m going to earn some bill-paying money from all this effort.